As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A lot can happen when transacting online and eBay is no different.
As full-time eBay sellers, it seems like we’re on the phone with eBay customer service several times per week. Whether we’re trying to get negative feedback removed, track down a package, or dispute fees it’s always a bit of a challenge connecting with eBay.
There are tons of reasons that you might need to get in touch with eBay as either a buyer or seller. For example, you might be a victim of fraud, or you might be unsatisfied with an item and want your money back. Fortunately, eBay has a customer care service that can help you get to the bottom of such issues. At least in theory. You just have to get ahold of them first.
But how can you contact eBay customer service these days? You can contact eBay customer service in the following ways:
- eBay customer service portal: https://www.ebay.com/help/home
- Email: eBay customer support doesn’t have a public-facing email address. The only way to email eBay support is by logging into your account and following the “Email Us” prompts (outlined below).
- Phone: eBay no longer has a public phone number for customer service. The only way to call eBay is to log in to your account and follow the “Call Us” prompts (outlined below).
- Live Chat: On eBay’s Contact Page
- Social media: @AskeBay on Twitter
- Community Forums
The recent pandemic made eBay’s customer service hard to reach. However, this meant that they would improve their online help portal, and that is how they recommend you contact them today. Their online portal has different options, named above, that you can reach the customer service team.
However, before you decide to speak to an agent directly or send an email, eBay has many helpful articles in their Knowledge Base to help you solve your problem. If the articles don’t help, you can use the following guide to help you reach eBay customer service.
6 Ways To Contact eBay Customer Service
1. Via Email
eBay support has become more efficient over the years, and we can thank the pandemic for that.
Follow these steps to get email help from eBay:
- Go to the website and click on the help homepage.
- Next, scroll down the page and click on email us. You will find this option under the need more help option’ or under ‘other options for you.
- After selecting the email us option, you will be directed to a menu with several topics.
- Among the topics on the menu, pick one that is closest to your issue. Some of the options you will see include; selling, buying, account, shipping, tracking, etc.
- After selecting one of the options, you will see different sub-topics allowing you to choose a more specific option related to your question.
- After choosing your option, you will see different help articles related to your question. I recommend reading through these articles first before selecting the email us choice.
- If none of the articles assist you, click on the email us option. You will be required to sign in to your email account even though you have already signed in.
- After selecting this option, you will be directed to a form where you can write your email and send it.
- After sending your email, expect to receive a response from eBay after 24 hours.
2. By Phone
During the pandemic, eBay removed its call us page because few people were in the call centers. However, this doesn’t mean you cannot reach eBay customer service via phone!
Follow these steps to speak with eBay customer service on the phone:
- The first step is to sign in to your eBay account.
- Next, go to the call us page. This option is only available within eBay’s business hours, from 5:00 am to 10:00 pm Pacific time.
- After selecting the call us option, you will see various options. Choose the option that closely relates to the question you need help with.
- After choosing your option, eBay will give you other subtopics to choose from. After that, you will see many self-help articles that you can read and potentially find a solution to your issue.
- If you do not find any of the help articles helpful, look to the left of your screen. You will see a phone number and a passcode. Dial the phone number and enter your passcode to talk to a customer care agent.
eBay’s customer care service phone number is not as active, especially after the pandemic. However, there is a helpline for users who are victims of fraud. Unfortunately, fraud is quite common with online transactions, and eBay is keen on protecting its users from becoming victims of the same.
Therefore, if you suspect that you are a victim of fraud on the platform, dial 1-866-961-9253. eBay will assist you in reporting the fraudster and improving security on your account.
3. Live Chat
In the past, getting help through chat was impossible because the option was nowhere to be found. However, with recent improvements, you can talk to eBay’s automated chat assistant.
Follow these steps to live chat with eBay customer service:
- The first step is to visit eBay’s help center. There, you will see a bunch of help articles. Choose one closest to your problem.
- If the help articles do not help, scroll down to the need more help section.
- If the chatbot is available, you will see this option on the right side of your screen.
- Clicking on the chat with the automated assistant option will open a chatbox on the right side of your screen.
- The chatbox will offer you different options relating to your issue. You can click on one or type your issue, hoping the AI will understand.
- If you are in luck, your problem will be solved. If not, you can choose to speak to an agent.
4. On Social Media
Some users will testify that social media is the most effective way to get a fast response from eBay. The best way to contact eBay customer service on social media is through Twitter or Facebook. eBay’s dedicated customer care page on Twitter is @AskeBay.
If you are an avid Twitter user, you know how to navigate the app. However, if you are not, the first step is to follow the @AskeBay page on Twitter.
Next, go to the direct messaging option and send a direct message to eBay. On the other hand, you can send them a normal tweet, and you will get a response relatively quickly.
The process is the same on Facebook.
The first step is to follow the eBay Facebook page. The name of the page might differ depending on your country of residence. For example, if you are in the UK, the eBay customer care page might have the initials UK afterward.
After following their page, you can easily send a direct Facebook message to eBay. Unlike Twitter, expect to hear back from eBay within a day on Facebook.
5. On The Community Forums
Another way you can get help concerning your issues with eBay is through community forums. These forums usually have other eBay users willing to discuss and address any issue you are facing.
The best thing about community forums is that you can get various opinions and solutions, so you can try another if the method does not work.
While getting ahold of eBay isn’t easy, sometimes you have no choice but to keep trying if you insist on using their platform.
If, however, you connect with them and don’t get the response you want, keep trying! I’ve had to talk with 3 or 4 reps before getting a satisfactory solution to my problem.
If you find yourself at the end of your rope as an eBay seller, you can always crosspost your items to Mercair or Poshmark and try out some other alternatives to eBay. Good luck!