As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You found great items to sell, listed them, shared them, and sold them. But now that you’ve finished packing the order it feels a little bit incomplete. Should you send a thank-you note?
If you’re a new seller on Poshmark you might be surprised to know that sending thank-you notes has become common practice on the platform. In fact, many Poshmark sellers use fancy tissue paper, branded cards, and even poly mailers. However, in my experience, a nice note will suffice.
Even if you don’t send a note you can end up with a great rating (provided that the item that you’re sending is as described and packaged nicely). However, sending a note shows your buyer that you were willing to put a little extra time and effort into the packaging process.
In short, send a note. Let me explain why.
Whenever I receive a thank you note with my purchase, it brings me a bit of joy. Sometimes, if I’m having a bad day, seeing a note from a seller may brighten my day just a little. You never know the power of small positive actions; these actions may have a significant impact on others. So, while the choice is all yours, sending a brief note may make your customer smile. The main idea behind the thank you note is to create a memorable experience.
However, it isn’t all selfless. Sending a nice note is a chance for you to brand your store and greatly increases the chance that you get a repeat customer. We want buyers to remember us so that they will shop with us again in the future.
As an added bonus, I’ve noticed that including a nice note can decrease the chance of an angry buyer and a low rating which can be crucial in earning and maintaining a spot in the Poshmark Ambassador program. Knowing that you are a living and breathing person is often enough to make people think twice before leaving you an angry review.
Making buyers have a good experience with regard to their purchase should be high on a seller’s list of goals. Thank you notes send a message to a buyer that you care about their buying experience. Including a thoughtful, thank you note may not ensure that you’ll receive a 5-star rating, but it will certainly boost your chances of receiving one. Making you’re buyer happy should be a high priority when crafting your note.
What To Include In A Poshmark Thank You Note (Example)
- The first thing that you should do is write a your greeting (Dear Jane or John Doe usually works for me)
- Thank your buyer for purchasing the item that he or she selected (you can include the name of the specific item if you like)
- Encourage your buyer to return to your shop (you can offer them a special discount for doing so if you wish)
- You can end your note with a simple, “thanks again” and then include your name
- Some things that you might want to include are the name of your Poshmark shop and your social media accounts (if you have accounts dedicated to Poshmark, you may not want buyers following personal accounts)
Should You Use Printed or Hand Written Notes?
If you have the time, and you’re operating a small business, I recommend writing the notes by hand. This shows your buyer that you took the time to think about him or her and are not treating them as “just another buyer.” Maybe you don’t have a lot of time, and you’re running a larger business. You can order printed thank you cards online.
Handwriting Poshmark Thank You Notes
- Cards and envelopes
- Personalized Printed Cards or Notes from a Print Shop
Where to Purchase Cards and Stationery
If you decide to go with handwritten notes or cards, you can purchase either of these items from Michael’s. This store often sells thank you cards for a reasonable price. Sometimes you can purchase these items on the Michaels website (if they’re available). Some other places to search for thank you cards include eBay, Amazon, and Walmart.
Quick Tip: Make sure to make use of Michael’s coupons. You can often save up to 40% off certain items.
How To Design Your Card Online (For Large Volume)
If you’re sending out lots of packages (or want to include your logo on the card) you might want to consider having thank you cards printed for you.
Don’t be too intimidated, the process is quite simple:
- Find an online website that provides printing services (Staples, Vistaprint)
- Choose a pleasant background for your card or note
- Choose an item that will be made out of card stock
- Include a thank you message (see above)
- Leave a space where you can handwrite a simple “thank you.”
- Include your Poshmark shop name and related social media accounts
How To Print Thank You Cards On Vistaprint
We’ve printed out thank you cards for Poshmark and eBay several times and can highly recommend Vistaprint. The process is extremely simple:
- First, go to the Visitprint website
- Hover over the Invitations and Stationery Tab
- Select “Thank You Cards” or “Note Cards” under the Stationery Shop
- Choose a design
- Fill in the template with your thank you message and any other relevant information
- Order your cards
We typically order in batches of 200 or so but the amount you need will depend on the number of orders you send out.
Just be sure that there are no typos before hitting the Order Button!
7 Tips For Ordering Poshmark Thank You Cards
- Make sure to choose cards with pleasant images on them or ones that have no image (You don’t want to scare your buyers)
- Your cards don’t have to say, “thank you,” on the outside. You can choose cards with a simple image and a blank interior if you wish.
- You can look for seasonal cards if you wish
- Store your cards with your other Poshmark supplies, so you’ll know where they are when it’s time to use them
- Try to buy thank you cards in bulk to save money
- You may want to include your business card along with the thank you card
- Avoid using any paper that is ripped or unclean
Including a thank you card shows the buyer that you care. It’s your decision whether or not you would like to send one. They are an added expense, after all. However, spending a little extra money and time on cards may help you to receive higher ratings from your buyers. If you do decide to send a thank you note, be sure to follow the guidelines in this article, and you’ll be well on your way to making a great impression on your buyer.